Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Christmas is just around the corner...

I realize I am behind on my blog... I haven't even finished half of our October trip... but school started back and it's been busy. Loy Katong, Christmas and two 3-day weekends!!!! Needless to say the New Year should be coming soon and then we will only have 2 months left!!!! YAY... and kinda sad... but anyway....

I have to put together the Christmas performance for my class. The only Christmas album I have ever purchased in my entire life is Hanson's Snowed In. Brian likes to mention that normal people never buy Christmas albums so I'm still a loser :) But what can I say... I love Hanson.... I feel like I should subject my children to my teenage heartthrobs haha.... sick I know :) But it's just a remake of a really good original Christmas song with a fast enough beat for the kiddies to groove too. literally - groove.

Anyway, thought this would give you a good laugh. I made Brian help me in order to show my Thai teacher and use as a reference... so no... this is not what we do in our free time... PLUS... if I taught Brian, I know I can teach my class :) J/K

But... just a little background. I fought for a Christmas song. Thai's don't really understand... can't blame them... Christianity isn't their background... But my Thai teacher wanted to do Blondies, "One Way Or Another," song FOR CHRISTMAS!!! I couldn't let that happen!!! But she did get her way on making it 60's theme. So my kids will not be wearing red/green class crafts as their costume... no no... they will look like 60's Disco peeps. So... with that in mind... I tried to invoke alot of swimming moves in the dance haha... not really... but it turned out that way and I'm just going to play it off like it was intentional :)

Without further adieu...

 P.s -- Remember they are kindergartners!



0 comments:

Post a Comment