Monday, February 14, 2011

Expats, Facials, and Valentines day

So we went to another expats meeting. It was on negotiating - something Brian could apply to all his current freelance jobs. It really wasn't that informative. The guy actually referred most inquiries to online research or told people to go get a book. Awesome. But we did get some delicious coffee, and we bought our Miss Tiffany tickets since the box office is right behind the expat meeting place. The best 600 baht tickets available! SCORE!!!

Afterwards, I somehow convinced Brian to take me shopping. It was really a ploy to check out a facial place inside the shopping center. They had a 500 Baht facial special today. I had to take full advantage. Brian wasn't too enthusiastic about it, but he did it. I had to throw in the ole' Valentines day thing :)

It was really really good for 500 Baht. I love extractions. I can't say the same thing about Brian. He said he had tears rolling down his face the entire time. Boys. Now, he knows the price of beauty :) Extractions, of course, are little pricks to take out impurities in the skin like blackheads ect... It's really only a pin prick - if that - but Brian's pain threshold is really low to start with... sooo I don't think he will do it again. By Sunday sun day fun day, he was as good as new :)

He doesn't know what hes in store for!!!
As for Valentines day, I did an activity all day in my class. Valentines Day is my favorite "holiday." I'm a Pisces a.k.a a hopeless romantic. So I had to spread the love in my class. We made heart fish Valentines Day cards. Yes, it took all day to make one card! The scissor skills of these children leave a lot to be desired. Poor things. But boy did they love being shown how to cut out a heart by folding a paper in half and cutting on the seam. Granted, the things the cut vaguely resembled a heart - it still worked their hand eye coordination skills :)

Brian and I didn't make alot of plans this V-day. We usually go all out in America. No presents this year. Trying to save every baht for our backpacking trip! But we did go out to dinner. Unfortunately, our restaurant we wanted to go to was booked up. Cabbages and Condoms is right on the water and has an amazing menu and the right prices! I mentioned it a long time ago, but its part of a resort Birds and Bees. To get the full story you but need to Google it. But it was booked. So we just rode around until we found a place. Alot of places were having set dinners which we could not afford or were booked.

However, we did find a really nice place close by. We had an amazing dinner and time :) A good and humble Valentines Day!!!

Brian with his mussel appetizer and wine :)
More importantly I got a new card. You may not be aware, but Brian has been hand making me cards for 6 years now. He takes alot of time to draw and color the cards. I LOVE THEM. I LIVE FOR THEM. I think he should market them.... But this Valentines Day card is by far one of my favorites. I think I posted the past ones on my facebook... I dunno.... But I can't wait to add this one to the pile :) It was a total surprise too. He must have done all the work at school :)


Now this does portray me a bit askew. I look like an attention all eyes on me vain girl which wasn't what he was trying to do. This is our pose we did on Koh Tao vaca. Anyway, he always does bears to represent us. We used to refer to ourselves as Polar Bears when we first started dating and the image of bears has followed ever since.

Anyway, I do ask Brian to take pictures of me alot because if I don't ask then they don't happen. Example A - Look above at the pictures in this post. There are none of me. Why? Because I didn't out right ask. I asked Brian why he didn't take any pictures without my prompting, and he said because he didn't think of it. SOOO with this revelation revealed, I think you can understand the situation :) Brian just took it to an extreme level for the purposes of humor.

Truth be told, I would hand him all the bags and make him take the perfect photograph if circumstances allowed lol :) I love that he put his leg brace on too! He did have to explain to me what a sherpa was. I WISH. Brian is such a hands free non-baggage type of person. He won't even hold my purse in the airport. Seriously. He flat out refuses. But I guess we all have our limits :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment