Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Essentials...

Brian was making a list for the grocery store. We are trying to stretch our money till the end of the month. Live frugally. See if we can do it!

He asked what I needed to pick up at the store. I, of course, said a blanket because we get cold at night. It makes sense. He shouted back at me, "JUST THE ESSENTIALS!"

Ooooookay, well what do you have on the list so far?

His response, "Ketchup and Sausages."

Really, Brian, that's the essentials?

What do you need ketchup for?

His response, "I want to dip everything in Ketchup...actually just those mini hotdog/sausage rolls... I bet it will taste amazing! And all those sausages look so good at the store, I want to try them all."

The sausage kiosk he speaks of is all raw meat. We only have a microwave in our apartment. No hotplates. And to purchase a hotplate is just an extra expenditure. We really wouldn't cook at home enough to justify buying a hotplate. Of course, this justification only occurs to me.

"What are you going to do, microwave the sausages to cook them?"

His response, "Yeah."

Yum.

0 comments:

Post a Comment