Tuesday, August 10, 2010

More more more....

Brian and I had a craving for Mexican. It was a lazy Sunday and we had found this amazing Mexican restaurant down our "secret soi." I have no idea what the street name is but we call it that because it is sorta hidden. Everything you could ever want is down that back alley.

It was heartbreaking seeing the closed sign. I'm sure we both looked like our dog died.

When Emily and I paid for our Koh Chang trip on the same soi earlier, I noticed a bunch of divers going to a bakery across the street. Never a bad idea to follow suit. I mentioned it to Brian and he was game.

It is another magical find in the back alley. It has amazing pies. Not just fruit pies, but meat pies. It is a very proper English restaurant. I know if I continued to eat there, I would quickly pack back on the pounds. I will have to use restraint. 

Anyway, after filling our belly's we spontaned (yes thats my word) and decided to get massages. Our secrete soi has many massage parlors... all that advertise 150B foot massages and Thai massages. It has been on my list of places to try for a while now. I was so excited that Brian agreed! 

Good News: I have found my own personal masseuse. She is amazing. She is an older rounder Thai lady. So jovial and nice. I think her name is "White" in Thai. She's the only one that wears a white shirt. The rest wear a green shirt. Makes me wonder if shes the owner or something...hmmm....

We both got foot massages. Highly recommend. Best 150B you will ever spend. They don't rush or put a time limit on it... they do a great job. We were so thrilled with the foot massage that we did a Thai massage right after! The best Thai massage thus far. Perhaps I was in a blissful mood of English Pies, wonderful feeling feet, and relaxation but I am totally smitten with this place. Great atmosphere. They had nice music playing. The tea is very good too (most massage places serve you tea after any service you receive).
Rating: Heaven on Earth!
Wednesday is usually spa day with me and Teacher Emily. We decided to try another place on the secret soi. We went to the one pictured below. There are about 3 or 4 different massage parlors on secrete soi.

Truthfully we stopped at this one because a weird street vendor was preparing food in front of their shop. It was baby clear prawns in a fish tank. He would scoop them out - alive - put them in a bowl and stir them around with some ingredients. The ones who were not fortunate to die in the stirring process were jumping out of the take-out box. I know Brian would have tried it if he was there, but we didn't. The people who ordered it, did not eat it right away either. Perhaps it was because they were tormenting a child by scaring her with the jumping box, but I thought maybe they were waiting for them to die. I dunno... will have to investigate further....

Live Snacks!
Anyway, we ended up doing a 200B Thai Massage. We weren't on the ground this time, but on little massage beds. This is atypical for Thai massage because they move around you so much and put you in different positions. I prefer the beds on the ground.

The massage was different. They did some of the same moves I am used to now. My masseuse prayed before she started. That was neat. The atmosphere isn't very good here. They had some sort of live karaoke blaring in the background. Not very relaxing. The tea wasn't good either. Not a spectacular experience, but at least we know we aren't missing much :)

Rating: So/So

0 comments:

Post a Comment