Saturday, August 21, 2010

Mother's Day

Art projects done. YES. This day was going to be fabulous no matter what!!!!

We got to school and everything was set up. It looked soo good. The "Coffee Break" section was full of snacks. I wish we could have attacked it, but we had to wait until afterward.... torture!!!!
Everyone getting ready for the show!
Beautiful Stage with the Queens pic pimpin this time!!
I stayed in the positioning room with my class. They came in all at different times. I just wondered room to room looking at all the children in their make-up and costumes. So cute. Makes you forget how naughty they are!!!!
Make-up time :)


The ceremony started late. Go figure. They used the time to run through rehearsals again with the students.
Dance Practice
Waiting...
Lining Up!!!
I wish Brian could have been stationed inside to take pictures of the kids, but he was on gate duty... BOO.
All the children came out to do the opening cermeonies.





Standing for Ceremony.
Going back in before the show
Opening cermony presenters
So cute!!!
Look at those faces!!!

All the performances went well.

K2-2 Represent!
I was looking forward to the Chinese girls preforming because I heard it was a little sultry. Unfortunately, one of the girls hurt her foot so they changed up the routine. I wanted to see the crowd reaction... oh well hehehe. I love our Chinese teachers. They all went to art school and majored in either dance or music. So talented!!!!

The Chinese Teachers

I rushed to hand out my butterflies to the students as they exited the stage. They were all excited to hand it their moms. Some of them were more excited to just keep it themselves... can't blame them, I would have done the same thing at that age! Watching them give the gifts to their moms made all the work worth it. I remember the excitement of making things at school and giving it to the parentals. You felt so accomplished! Some of the children even came to find me for their butterflies. Not one child left without theirs. Sigh of relief!

The farang teachers raided the snacks. Muffins galore with guava juice. Yum. Within the hour, most people left. A couple families still stuck around to do various activities that the school had set up in tents. More attempts to pull money out of the parents.

We helped with clean up aka moved heavy wooden tables in the heat. Always fun.

The school prepared green curry for lunch for the staff and teachers. I was so excited about getting a free lunch. I just assumed it would be just as good as the food they serve the students. HA! It was green curry alright...made with a dozen chicken feet. Yucky... yuk. Like quality chicken is that much more than chickens feet in Thailand... COME ON! 

Oh well... we had muffins.... and we got to leave! Out of school by noon!!!!

Brian went boxing and I went home and lounged.

I have been excited about this chocolate passion fruit cake the city was making in honor of the Queen's birthday. They call it the biggest chocolate sacher passion fruit cake in the world made with fruit from the royal gardens. I made Brian take me to the festival at Big C North to get some. Donations go to some charity... can't remember... 60B a piece.

One piece of the cake with delicious coffee!!!
 We did get there late. Nothing was going on. Thank goodness they were still selling the cake. I have been dreaming of this cake for a month. Staring at the pictures online. I found out about it from the weekly ex-pats newsletter I get. Sam ended up meeting us and getting a slice too. Very delicious. It had a little bit of a sour taste because of the fruit but it went very well with the dark chocolate type icing.

We rushed home to pack because.....

Tomorrow, Koh Samet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment