Monday, June 21, 2010

Beach Day!

Sam took us to his favorite beach spot. It's about 20-30 minutes south of Jomtien Beach.

It was wonderful. Like anything, the secret spots are always better than the touristy spots. This place had half the people and double the sand.

Sam's 300 Baht Fish
This area of Thailand doesn't have alot of actual Beach. It's more like road, a patch of sand, then water. However, this spot was away from traffic and had tons of vendors with umbrellas and way more beach. It was also situated in the perfect place for a breeze. Usually laying in the sun is really trying on my nerves, however, having a nice semi-cool breeze blow over you ever 5 seconds makes the experience more tolerable. Two hours at it and not a shade darker. Grr... I want to get a tan, I just hate sitting in the sun. I'm more a rain/cloudy weather kind of girl anyway.
Meow and Samson

Eating all by himself!
The water clarity was no better at this location though. Needless to say I didn't get in.

It was a nice relaxing day. Definitely worth going again. We are hoping to go back next Sunday to go to Monkey Island courtesy of Sam's friend who has a boat. He offered to take us for some mulah. I am excited to see what this boat looks like :) I can only imagine what a beater it must be, but oh well... should be an experience!

Another gorgeous sunset

0 comments:

Post a Comment