Monday, June 28, 2010

Roof Top Pool!

I prefer cloudy rainy weather over sunshine...although humidity makes my hair look like a fro. I know it seems a bit ridiculous since I'm from Hawaii. But at least when its sunny in Hawaii its cool.

People are always surprised to hear that I am Hawaiian because my skin is so light. Luckily, I do not turn into a lobster when I go into the sun... I actually tan fast, but because of my distaste for the sun I stay white. It's not that I do not want to be tan, I just hate baking in the sun. It drives me crazy. I get really bored too. I don't understand people who actually like it... example: Emily. She is a child of the sun. She loves nothing better than to sun bathe. Every spare moment is spent in the sun. Eck!

But lucky for my tan, if I go out with her I will at least try to entertain the idea.

We decided to go to Mikes Shopping Plaza. I figured it would be like the Silk Market in China. Heaven. But, it wasn't. It was a really run-down eerie building. We skipped the shopping altogether and headed for the roof top pool. It was on the 10th floor. Miraculously, this building does not have floors 6-9.

We were very skeptical of the pool as we rode the elevator up. Having seen the pictures, we only assumed that in reality it would actually be moldy and green. Surprisingly, it was very nice. It is probably... no no... it is the best thing about Mike's. The view is very nice, however, they should have designed the pool to actually have an ocean view. 

We saw a price list in Thai... I assumed that Thai people had to pay to use the pool but farang where free to use it. Everything else was in English, why not put the admission fee in English? Plus, alot of places... as horrible as this might sound... try to keep the Thai's out. On walking streets, alot of the bars and clubs do not allow Thai's into them. I don't know if this is legal - not that it matters in Thailand. This happened to Tom before... Cob wasn't allowed in even with a group of farangs. Anyway, this was part of the reasoning behind my thoughts. Obviously, they put a high price up for admission so none of the Thai's can afford to enter. Wrong again.

Somehow, we strolled on in. Didn't pay. I was made aware that we were suppose to pay by a nice Welsh man who sat by me later in the day. Ooops :)

It's always interesting to hear everyone's take on Pattaya.... to listen to each persons story. This man could talk too... I blame my uneven tan on this fact. Anyway, he was on a 3 week holiday from Sweden. He married a Swedish woman and moved to Sweden. Had a kid. Got a divorce. Stayed in Sweden. Married a Thai woman. Moved her back to Sweden. Had a kid. Got divorce. He works as a post office worker. Apparently, the retirement package is very good in Sweden though he has a while to go until he can collect in which case he is planing on moving to Thailand to live out the rest of his days. Ah, pool side jaber...

It was nice talking to him. I'm sure Emily was quiet tired of my grumbling, constant fidgeting, drink runs, and swimming time. I really did try to tan, but I do not have the patience. I have patience when it comes to my kids. I have patience when it comes to Brian. I have patience doing nothing. I don't have patience when my core temperature is put to an extreme. Not to mention my new found phobia of sweat... ewwww.

When we were leaving Mike's, there was a parade coming down beach road. I still have no idea what the occasion was, but it was fun. I wish I had my camera to document the excitement, but it was with Brian. Isn't that some shit... I finally get my camera and Brian takes it. ( Right before we left for Thailand, I had to send my camera off to get fixed. Brian's dad finally got it back from the repair center and shipped it to me. I had to pay an import fee of 700 Baht. Thanks Thailand!) I haven't even gotten to use it yet! He was being lazy not wanting to bring the Nikon with him. Too big he says... erg.

The parade was a nice thing to stumble upon. There was tons of costumes, food, dancing, shopping etc... My highlight was seeing a baby tiger!!!!! Emily was consumed watching a vendor make food. I was staring at the Miss Tiffany and runner-ups. If you don't know, Miss Tiffany is the biggest drag show in the world. They are so beautiful it's mesmerizing. However during the trance, my animal radar went off, and out of the corner of my eye I saw a lady carrying a baby tiger. Emily was made aware of my disappearance as my voice trailed off. I believe the sound I made was, " oh Oh OH OH OH."

We checked out a couple Hotels on the road. I always like seeing what they look like. Kinda like my obsession with bathrooms. I love to check out bathrooms in places... ever since I was a kid. 

We met up with the boys later in the evening and hung out at Sam's house. Ate another delicious meal.

The day exonerated our bad week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment