Saturday, July 10, 2010

Date Night!

Yay weekend!!! Brian and I are both sick. We were definitely looking forward to having a couple days off. Not to mention Brian missed the last 2 days of work because he was an extra on set again. Double the pay!!! He got upgraded to his own scenes and speaking roles too!!! Having an American "accent" pays off :)

We started our Saturday off by soaking up some vitamin D at Emily's pool. We found some interesting street vendors when heading home.

Delicious Thai Ice Tea among other beverages for 10 Baht
A jello type snack. Unfortunately, I did not get to taste it because the Police showed up. Vendors are not allowed to sale on the beach side of the street because it takes away from the beach restaurant sales. If you are caught, you have to pay a hefty fine. So... this vendor took off. Maybe next time.
I have been wanting to cut my hair since I got to Thailand. I finally convinced Brian to come along. The place is in the mall... So I figure if I'm going into Pattaya to cut my hair we might as well make a night of it!

We have been eating our way through Thailand... Shocking I know. We tried a new restaurant in the mall. It had a more Korean influence. YUM! They had spicy tofu soup...my usual cure for a sore throat. They also had Brian's new favorite thing to do - cook at the table. It was very good and reasonably priced. If you were just on vacation and not trying to live off a salary here, you would be in holiday heaven.
 Those things on the ceiling come down and act as fans and lights if you opt to cook.
Meat and veggies for cooking with sauces, garlic, peppers, and limes.
Brian grilling... His favorite type of cooking to do back home
My delicious soup. I love how you get alot of side dishes with Korean food ;)
The hair cut was only 300 baht. Brian decided to clean up his haircut too. His was 200 baht. They must have washed my hair 5 times. I didn't mind... More head massage time. However, I realized she was just stalling because they only have one person that actually cuts hair.

I have always had horrible hair experiences because my hair is so weird. I was definitely on edge. It probably took the woman under 3 minutes to cut my hair. She just chopped away. What I felt like a disorderly process actually produced okay results. She knew how to layer my hair, thin my hair, and added my normal length of bangs. The shampoo woman also had the task of blow drying my hair. Luckily, my hair did not turn into a huge afro. She actually got it straight with just the blow dryer... Not an easy feat believe me. I have had people give up on my hair at salons before. I have gotten countless free hair cuts too.



With the hair out of the way, we decided to see a movie. We didn't want to go out and party with our other friends. We could barely breathe... Not to mention our constant need to blow our noses... Ugh. Besides, watching a movie in Thailand is a treat! We saw the A-team. It was okay. It had Bradley Cooper in it :)

We had an hour to kill before the movie, so I convinced Brian to do the Fish Spa with me. I have been wanting to do this since I first landed in Thailand. It is 100 baht for 20 minutes. It is a very odd sensation. I equate it to feeling like tiny jet streams or bubbles on your feet. As long as your attention isn't on the fish nibbling on your feet, it's tolerable. If you stare down at them, I think it gets to you psychologically and makes it a little uncomfortable. Brian wasn't a fan. I didn't mind it so much, but the ladies made me put on 10 band-aids. I had alot of mosquito bites and they wanted to make sure I didn't get hurt... Hehe...

              The fish doing their job. According to Brian, having hair on your legs only adds to the experience. The fish climb up your leg hairs... some even climb out of the water!
It was a nice evening. Definitely needed after a week of work!

0 comments:

Post a Comment